Main Contents begins from here.
News & Events
Dec 8, 2010
Panasonic Group to Showcase "Energy Solutions for Entire Towns" at Eco-Products 2010
Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation today announced that at this year's Eco-Products 2010 exhibition, the company, together with Panasonic Electric Works and SANYO Electric, will highlight Panasonic Group's technological strengths in and commitment to achieving sustainable lifestyles. The exhibition, one of the largest environmental fairs in Japan, will be held at the Tokyo International Exhibition Center (Tokyo Big Sight) from December 9 to 11, 2010.
The Panasonic Group Booth, which will be the largest ever for a Panasonic booth installed at the annual exhibition, will introduce the group's various energy solutions for towns based on its concept of energy creation, energy storage, energy saving, and energy management, as well as technologies and services that integrate these solutions together to bring "comprehensive energy solutions for entire towns." Examples of on-going smart town programs Panasonic is participating in around the world will also be shown.
[Major Exhibits at the Panasonic Group Booth]
- Using video, Panasonic's concept of the "energy solutions for entire towns" will be introduced, showing examples of solutions for the various key elements that make up a town: homes and electric vehicles (EVs), buildings and offices, stores, public areas, and factories. The key devices behind these solutions will also be displayed.
2.Entire Home Zone
- The zone features the latest home appliances featuring Panasonic's ECO NAVI technologies enabling greater energy saving. Visitors can also learn firsthand how the Brightness Sensors and People/Object Sensors work in the ECO NAVI appliances.
- Also on display will be energy creation solutions including Household Fuel Cells and HIT® Solar Cells, energy storage solutions such as Household Lithium-Ion Storage Batteries, and energy management solutions including Lifinity and Smart Energy Gateway (SEG).
- Panasonic's initiatives to link the home with the EVs will also be shown.
3. Entire Building/Office Zone
- This zone will highlight eco solutions for buildings and offices, including teleconference demonstrations using HD Visual Communication Systems, straight tube LED lamps, and air conditioning management systems.
4.Entire Store Zone
- In the setting of a convenience store, visitors are invited to take part in a quiz rally to find various eco solutions scattered in this zone, such as HIT® Solar Cells, a walk-in refrigerator showcase, in-store energy-saving systems, and rental solutions with electric-assisted bicycles.
5. Entire Public Area Zone
- Among the items on display here will be the Solalib solar charging station, lithium-ion solar streetlights, and solar parking lot for bicycles.
6. Entire Factory Zone
- In this zone, visitors can experience eco solutions in factories with introductions to various energy-saving initiatives, and a model display of the Kasai Green Energy Park that includes a state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery factory.
7. "Green Plan 2018" Environmental Action Plan
- Panasonic announced this past October its Green Plan 2018, an environmental action plan that guides the company toward fulfilling its goals for the 100th anniversary of the company's foundation.
- This zone will introduce some of the initiatives under the plan including recycling-oriented manufacturing, biodiversity, and corporate citizenship activities.
More information on the Panasonic booth is available at http://panasonic.net/exhibition/eco2010/en/.
*HIT® is a register trademark and an original technology of SANYO Electric Co., Ltd.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business, and industrial needs. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.42 trillion yen (US$79.4 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2010. The company's shares are listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE:PC) stock exchanges. For more information on the company and the Panasonic brand, visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.
- Overseas Public Relations Office
- Panasonic Corporation
- Tel: 03-6403-3040 Fax: 03-3436-6766
- Panasonic News Bureau
- Tel: 03-3542-6205 Fax: 03-3542-9018
Banner area begins from here.
Panasonic News Portal
Sub Menu begins from here.