Main Contents begins from here.
News & Events
Oct 6, 2010
Panasonic Launches Action Plan 'Green Plan 2018'
to Step up Environmental Efforts
Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation today announced its Green Plan 2018, an environmental action plan that will guide the company and accelerate its efforts towards fulfilling its goals for the 100th anniversary of its foundation in 2018.
Panasonic has placed the environment at the center of all its business activities as the company strives to become the No.1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry by the centennial anniversary. Panasonic will attain this vision through two innovations: the Green Life Innovation which realizes a green lifestyle to enrich people's lives by implementing the ideas Panasonic proposes and the Green Business Innovation to minimize environmental impacts of its operations and promote its optimum green business-style to the wider community.
The Green Plan 2018 outlines initiatives that all Panasonic Group employees should carry out to achieve the industry's No.1 status in the green indexes the company set to realize the centennial vision. The plan also describes specific areas of activity and numerical targets. Through the united efforts of every Panasonic employee, the company will accelerate the integration of its environmental contributions and business growth to become the No.1 Green Innovation Company in the Electronics Industry.
Key Points of the Green Plan 2018
- Reduction of CO2
- Making net CO2 emissions peak and declining thereafter (covering emissions from production activities and product usage, including offsets by creating energy) achieving a size of contribution in reducing CO2 emissions equal to 120 million tons compared to the base level in Fiscal Year 2006 ended in March 2006
- Expanding the sales of Energy Systems Business to 3 trillion yen or more
- Resources recycling
- Achieving waste recycling ratio of 99.5% or more with the ratio of recycled resources used against total resources used at 16% or more, pursuing recycling-oriented manufacturing to make the best use of resources
- Minimizing the amount of net water consumption
- Chemical substances
- Minimizing environmental impact caused by chemical substances
- Identifying impact on biodiversity and contributing to conservation
- No.1 Eco-conscious Products
- Doubling the sales ratio of No.1 eco-conscious products sold compared to the level in FY2010 ended in March 2010, expanding it to 30% of the total
- Cooperation with society
- Cooperating with stakeholders to enhance environmental contributions, extending environmental education to reach 2 million children and planting 10 million trees worldwide
Today's Eco Ideas Forum marks a starting point for Panasonic to further strengthen its Eco Ideas Relations (eR), a two-way approach in communication with the public, while the company implements the Green Plan 2018. Panasonic continues to step up its "eR" activities by engaging the public in a variety of programs.
Electronics Industry No.1 Indexes and Contents of the Green Plan 2018
|Electronics Industry No.1 Indexes|
|Outline of the Green Plan 2018|
|No.1 Eco-conscious Product||
|Cooperation with society||
About Panasonic Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business, and industrial needs. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.42 trillion yen (US$79.4 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2010. The company's shares are listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE:PC) stock exchanges. For more information on the company and the Panasonic brand, visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net/.
- Overseas Public Relations Office
- Panasonic Corporation
- Tel: 03-6403-3040 Fax: 03-3436-6766
- Panasonic News Bureau
- Tel: 03-3542-6205 Fax: 03-3542-9018
Banner area begins from here.
Panasonic News Portal
Sub Menu begins from here.