Main Contents begins from here.
News & Events
Dec 9, 2009
Panasonic to Showcase Ecological Lifestyle At Eco-Products 2009
Osaka, Japan - Panasonic Corporation will showcase its latest environmental solutions and technologies to reduce household CO2 emissions at Eco-Products 2009, one of Japan's largest environmental exhibitions to be held at the Tokyo International Exhibition Center (Tokyo Big Sight) from December 10 to 12, 2009.
Panasonic has been striving to preserve the global environment by pursuing its global Eco Ideas Strategy that consists of three initiatives: Eco Ideas for Products, Manufacturing and Everybody, Everywhere. This year, Panasonic will highlight the Eco Ideas, which are being enhanced with Panasonic's group-wide efforts, with visitor-friendly displays under the theme of "Lifestyle with Virtually Zero CO2 Emissions in the Entire House." The theme represents the aims of its energy business, including saving, creating and storing energy and integrating these energy technologies.
Major Exhibits at the Panasonic Booth
1. Concept Stage
- An animated video featuring a cartoon character "Zero-kun" will explain the concept of "Lifestyle with Virtually Zero CO2 Emissions in the Entire House."
2. Eco Ideas for Products Zone
- Tour of "Lifestyle with Virtually Zero CO2 Emissions in the Entire House": The tour, including laboratory-style demonstrations, will introduce a lifestyle with virtually zero CO2 emissions that can be realized in three to five years by reducing CO2 emissions with the use of energy-efficient home appliances and Panasonic's technologies for creating and storing energy, and integrating them together.
- ECO NAVI Stage: A group of home appliances featuring improved environmental performance will be demonstrated. They operate efficiently using the information detected by built-in sensors.
- AC/DC Hybrid Wiring System Stage: This stage will highlight a sophisticated energy management system that enables households to efficiently use direct-current (DC) electricity created by solar and fuel cells and alternating-current (AC) electricity supplied by power companies.
3. Eco Ideas for Manufacturing Zone
- This zone will give an overview of Panasonic's METAGEJI (Meters/Gauges) initiative that aims to increase energy efficiency at factories through the effective use of meters and gauges while improving productivity. It will also show examples of Panasonic's energy saving technologies which utilize the exhaust heat generated during production process.
- Advanced cathode-ray-tube (CRT) recycling technology developed and implemented by Panasonic Eco Technology Center Co., Ltd., Panasonic's home appliance recycling facility, and products made from the recycled glass will be introduced. With this highly-efficient technology, Panasonic has dramatically increased its CRT recycling capability.
4. Eco Ideas for Everybody, Everywhere Zone
- This zone will introduce Panasonic Eco Relay Campaign, which links all environmental activities carried out by Panasonic employees and local residents around the world like passing a button in a relay, and the Eco Picture Diary Contest participated by children around the world.
Panasonic Corporation is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of electronic products for a wide range of consumer, business, and industrial needs. Based in Osaka, Japan, the company recorded consolidated net sales of 7.77 trillion yen (US$78.4 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2009. The company's shares are listed on the Tokyo, Osaka, Nagoya and New York (NYSE: PC) stock exchanges. For more information on the company and the Panasonic brand, visit the company's website at http://panasonic.net.
- Akira Kadota, International PR
- Panasonic Corporation
- Tel: 03-6403-3040 Fax: 03-3436-6766
- Panasonic News Bureau
- Tel: 03-3542-6205 Fax: 03-3542-9018
Banner area begins from here.
Panasonic News Portal
Sub Menu begins from here.